Monday, February 14, 2011

Recent Experience

As many of my friends and family are in the IT world, I am a consultant.  I have been for a number of years, and with the job comes a requirement of travel.  Now I know there are those who think projects are always in great places and they see the sexy side of consulting.  That is not reality.  You can wind up in some rural areas with little to do.  You can read, work, exhaust the puzzles in the paper, but eventually boredom does set it… at least for me.  I love movies, and have a modest collection of favorites.  While taking all 300+ titles with me is not really an option, I can pick a few and bring them for viewing in the hotel or even in transit (unless I am driving, of course) which is great!

So how do I do it?

I found an app on Facebook a while back that was free.  It was iSkysoft’s DVD to iPhone Converter.  This app was simple to use, intuitive, yet powerful enough to enable some trimming and manipulation of the video and audio to achieve a great balance of size:quality for iPhone viewing.  I recently had to change computers, and lost my activation code for this product that I was using twice a month on average.  I contacted customer support immediately upon realizing this misfortune to see if there was anything I could do to improve my situation.  It was a Sunday night, so I did not have any expectations of immediate response, but a support representative reached out to me twice that night.  This deserved some recognition, in my opinion.

Through the communications I have been having with the very helpful representative, Susan, she extended a $10 discount to anyone who stumbles upon this posting for the replacement product Video Converter Ultimate.  Click through the link to find the offer.  (Between you and me, you can click on the trash can icon to remove the distributors’ add on product, making the price only $49 as opposed to $59 direct from iSkysoft.)  Here is the VCU product page.

It is not every day that I experience positive customer service, and I wanted to thank Susan at iSkysoft for making this a memorable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment